Monday, May 20, 2013

Reading helps!

 Hello again girls!

You all remember why we are here, right? We are sad, we have broken hearts and we want to be happy!

Well, after my first break up I really didn't know what to do in order to make those images and depressing thoughts go away. All I could do was just lying on the bed, staring at one point on the wall and thinking how I will never move on.

Of course, I survived!

Today I am telling you the first step of forgetting the memories that make you cry - READING books!



Whenever we allow our mind to freely think of everything that hurts us, we are unconsciously doing ourselves a bad favor. The trick is - forget about your pain by reading other people stories. Yes, if the book is sad or too romantic, it can bring you down a little bit, but definitely will make you think of something that is not your ex lover.

Read a lot. Read when you have one hour free time and you don't know what to do. Read when you are at your university and have a lunch break, read before you go to bed... You get my point, right?

The first time my heart was broken, the first book that took my attention was Be Careful What You Wish For by Alexandra Potter. What is important when it comes to choosing you book is the size and the topic of the book. Most preferably is to choose a book that has over 300 hundred pages. The longer you read it, the longer your attention will be directed to it. You can guess why this is important - more thinking of the book, less thinking of your pain. :) If you want to buy the book, you can find it on the link bellow.

It is a really cool story that will certainly cheer you up!




Luckily for me, the second time I had bad luck in my love life, I already knew that reading would help. I also knew that I should search for some enormous book that will hold my attention as much as possible. I found a 700 page novel written by Orhan Pamuk, called The Museum of Innocence. I love it! I haven't read it yet and I have 300 pages to go. It is a little bit sad story for now, but it is not making me depressed, quite the opposite! I am really into the beautiful love story and I read it whenever I get the time.




We all know that making theories about some issue is easy. However, sharing personal experience is what should be taken into consideration and this is definitely one of the biggest secrets of my good mood these days.

Buy or borrow books, read them and then buy or borrow some more! Enjoy beautiful stories, enjoy great styles of writing, nourish your spirit and forget that ahole that broke your heart!

I'll be back soon.

Stay strong!

No comments:

Post a Comment